You have seen a lot, but you have not seen it all. Make this bread and we promise you won’t regret it. It’s so crispy outside yet so soft in the middle. Let us know how you enjoyed it. You can also divide the dough to half (or even more pieces) and you will have some little buns. Enjoy it as a toast in your breakfast or brunch or even as a bun for your burger. Bon appétit.
* 200 gr all-purpose flour
* 200 gr whole wheat flour
* 1 tbsp instant yeast
* 1 tsp salt
* 250 ml water (room temperature)
* 3 tbsp #Oleamea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the top:
* 1 tbsp #Oleamea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients, add water and Oleamea Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Knead until smooth and elastic, 6-7 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured tray; either leave the dough as is to make a big loaf or divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 more hour.
3. Here is the trick to make it very crispy. Before you place the breads in the oven, mix 1 tbsp Oleamea and 1 tbsp flour and evenly brush the tops of the dough.
4. Place the tray on bottom rack and bake at 425°F until golden Brown, about 30 minutes. Every oven is different, so the key is to watch the color and remove once it is a deep golden color. Remove from the tray to cool.