Who is ready for this one: Foccacia Bread. Pronounced as “foh-KAH-chya”, this one is a flat oven-baked Italian bread and again so delicious and easy to make. It is perfectly soft and fluffy and hmmm chewy. It also happens to be naturally vegan, can be shaped into any oven safe dish and basically can be topped with anything you like. Let’s make some FOCCACIA.
Serving Size: 4
For the dough:
• 10-12 gr dry active yeast
• 50 ml warm water • 10-12 gr sugar
• 500 gr all-purpose flour
• 10-12 gr salt
• 200-300 gr water
• Cherry tomatoes
• Green olives
• 100 gr #Oleamea EVOO
• 2 springs fresh rosemary - chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast and sugar. Stir a few times, then let sit for 15 minutes (until the yeast is foamy).
2. Add flour and salt to the bowl with yeast and sugar and start kneading the dough. Slowly add regular water and keep kneading the dough until it is smooth.
3. Shape the dough into a ball. Greate the mixing bowl with 1 tbsp of Oleamea, than place the dough ball back into the bowl. Cover it with a damp towel. Place in a warm location and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
4. Turn the dough onto floured surface, roll it out into your oven safe baking dish (square, rectangle or circle shape). Cover the dough again, and let the dough continue to rise for another 30 min.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
6. Prepare your toppings. Here is the trick. You can get as creative as you want. Use your fingers to poke deep dents all over the surface of the dough (please make sure you poke all the way down to the baking sheet, don’t get shy). Drizzle the rest of the Oleamea (and you can add more if you like) evenly all over the top of the dough and sprinkle evenly with toppings of your choice.
7. Bake for appx 20 min, until the dough is slightly golden and cooked through.
8. Oh, you can drizzle more Oleamea after removing from the oven (and hear the sizzle.)